The Cabinet of Wonders by Marie Rutkoski

9780312602390Master metal artisan Mikhal Kronos had been commissioned by Prince Rodolfo to build a magnificent one-of-a-kind astronomical clock. When he returns home, his twelve-year old daughter Petra learns that his eyes have been gouged out by the prince so that he will never be able to build another clock. But she soon finds out that the prince has more sinister plans. He plans to wear the eyes and use their magical powers to control the weather and perhaps rule the world. With a little help from friends and a little enchantment, follow Petra’s journey when she vows to steal them back.

I haven’t read a fantasy book that was so much fun to read since Harry Potter. What makes it even more appealing is that Rutkoski has coupled the perfect marriage of history and magic. It is sure to become a favorite and have you eagerly awaiting the sequel. (Texas Bluebonnet nominee for 2010-2011)

Check out the book trailer!

Find more videos like this on ReadKiddoRead

4 thoughts on “The Cabinet of Wonders by Marie Rutkoski

1. AMAZING! I saw my 6th graders for the first time today, and got them all pumped up about participating in the bluebonnet contest. Now I can’t WAIT for them to come back! This is going to be the first trailer I show them, and I know they’re gonna go WILD! What a great way to get them to love books and the library!!! Thanks for creating it!

2. Pingback: Marie Rutkoski » Journal » Decatur Book Festival