About Me

my-picture-by-callan.JPG

This is a picture of me my first year in the library, which was (06-07). My daughter drew it so if you look closely there are a couple of signs that say “MOM”, and if you look real close I’m wearing a badge that says Centeno Librarian. The question marks in the background and the expression on my face allude to a sense of confusion, aptly so, it was my first year and it was a little overwhelming. Now it’s my fifth year and I’ve decided to keep this anime likeness because one; I’ve grown so found of it, two, the job is still overwhelming, and three, now that I’m in the “Lucha Libro”, like El Santo, I have to conceal my true identity.

This will be my 11th year in education. I spent my first year teaching 5th grade reading then made the move to a self-contained 3rd grade taksroom, I mean classroom. Now that I’m in the library I think I have found my calling. I think I was meant to be “La Bibliotecaria”. I’ve always loved reading children’s books and YA literature and I was one of those kids who always raised their hand to read aloud in class. Now I get to do it for a living and in front of a captive audience! Plus, I actually get to work with people I like – kids.

Interests: books, cats, fashion, exercise

8 thoughts on “About Me

1. Thank you for your hard work. I’m very grateful to be included in your new refugee literature list! Seems the only books getting attention are about vampires and gossip girls. I’ll keep my heart open for more important stories.
    Pegi

2. HOLA! Just wanted to say I love your blog I happened to stumble upon when researching QR codes in the elementary library. I’m a fellow bilingual librarian located in San Antonio, Texas. Anyway, love the blog thanks for sharing!

3. Hi,

Just wanted to compliment you on the great work the students did on their BioVids & Vokis. What a great creative way to present biographical info. I left comments for each of the posts–I know how much kids like reading them.

Thanks for sharing their work!

Ruth Lorbert, Librarian
    East Woods School
    Oyster Bay, NY

4. Hi, Ms.J.

just saw the drawing and your daughter truly captured some of that overwhelming feeling you might of had your first year. She even gave it a 3-dimensional look, good compositon and some depth. And definitely made you the focal point.

5. Ms. J . I hope you framed that drawing. Mom in the background look like books. The focal point is the expression on your face. I looked at it very well and I didn’t notice centeno tag. My eyes would go back to the facial expression. You do look overwhelmed. I enjoy childrens books too. I’m a big kid at heart.;)