And the winner is…

The Cabinet of Wonders by Marie Rutkoski was one of those books that while your reading it you say to yourself, “this would make a great movie.” Lucky for me I made a book trailer, and it won this year’s School Library Journal Book Trailee Award! Winning in the librarian created category two years in a row is amazing, but it couldn’t have happened without the support of my colleagues, teachers, friends, relatives, and of course my students. To hear it from Ramiro in 4th grade though, it couldn’t have happened had it not been for him. This is how the conversation went down.

“Ramiro, I won the Book Trailee Award!”

“I know.”

“How did you know?”

“I only voted for you ten times a day.”

As soon as the music in the book trailer starts the tension begins to build. The eerie images and choice words allude to something dark and sinister. The music coupled with the images help create the edge-of-your seat atmosphere.  The track builds until the end with a foreboding CRASH, making The Cabinet of Wonders a must read. But never mind all that. To hear it told, it is Ramiro to whom I owe a debt of gratitude for winning this year’s Trailee Award. You gotta love him. What am I going to do when he moves on to middle school? Where am I going to get my votes? I’m going to have to friend him on Facebook.

Click here to view all the winners for 2012!

2 thoughts on “And the winner is…

1. I love this trailer! Congratulations, Analine, and thank you so much for caring about my book.