The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret

The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret

“There were no neighbors out here, no houses for miles. No one would hear if a gun went off.” Twelve-year old Josh thought he was in for a dull summer with Aunt Ethel. If he’d had sense he would have left well enough alone to enjoy it, but when Josh is haunted by Willie, a ghost from the past, and agrees to remove Willie’s leg bones from the cemetery, he digs up more than he bargained for, and his seemingly boring summer turns into a suspenseful brush with death.

Do you love to read and solve mysteries? visit  MysteryNet’s Kids Mysteries

http://kids.mysterynet.com/

67 thoughts on “The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret

1. In my Reading class, I read The Ghost’s Grave. This book was very interesting. It is now one of my favorite books. My favorite part was when Mr. Turlep was pointing the gun at Josh. I recommend this book to all of you because it is very funny, mysterious and suspenseful.

C.R., age 11, Rm 36

2. During my Reading class I read a book called The Ghost’s Grave. It was really funny and suspenseful. I really have to give credit to the author Peg Kehret because she made it funny, mysterious, and scary at the same time. My favorite part and the climax of the story was when Mr.Turlep found out that his metal box full of money wasn’t where he had buried it. I recommend that you read this book,I think you’ll enjoy it.

M.R ,Age 11, Room 36

3. In my Reading class, I read a book called The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret. This book was about a friendly ghost who needs help and a boy who decides to help him. My favorite part was when Aunt Ethel shot the bat inside her house. This story was funny, interesting and mysterious. I really enjoyed reading it!

R.S., age 11, room 36

4. In Mrs.Gutierrez’s class I read The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret. I liked this book because it was funny, suspenseful, and a little scary. What I liked was when Aunt Ethel would eat dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. Who wouldn’t like an aunt like that? The part that made me feel a little scared was when Mr.Turlep had the gun pointed at Josh. Peg Kehret did an awesome job writing this book. I loved it and now I love this author!

L.W., age 11, Room 36

5. In my Reading class, I read a book called The Ghost’s Grave and it was awesome. The first chapter was not so interesting, but the more you read, the better it gets. I could not stop reading the part when Josh finds the money in Willie’s grave. Peg Kehret is an awesome and interesting writer, I wish I can find more of her interesting books.

L.R., Age 11, Rm 36

6. In my Reading class, I read a book entitled The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret. It has a lot of action and parts that leave you at the edge of your seat. Like when Mr.Turlep, the bank manager and thief, pointed a gun at Josh, a kid that just wanted to save the day, my heart nearly stopped beating. I really hope that Peg Kehret writes more suspenseful books like these. I give this book 5 stars and two thumbs up. 🙂

G.H., age 11, Rm 36

7. In my Reading class I read an awesome and entertaining book called The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret. It was about a little boy named Josh that went to stay with his Aunt Ethel for the summer then he met a ghost named Willie. You just have to read this book, it is one that you will not want to put down.

A.S., Age 11, Rm 36

8. In Ms.Gutierrez’s Reading class, I read a book entitled The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret. It was so cool, I didn’t want to stop reading it. It was mysterious, funny, and sometimes scary. For our next novel, I would really like to read a book by Peg Kehret beacause I think it would be cool too.

S.O., Age 11, Room 36

9. I read the book The Ghosts Grave in Mrs Castanedas class.Its about a boy who is sent with his crazy Aunt.The book is so suspenseful and interesting you wont want to stop reading it.If you like those kinds of books, I suggest you should read The Ghosts Grave F.A.,age 11,Room 39

10. The book Ghost Grave was a good story because it tell you interesting things.Itis emotinal at the end of the part because Mr.turlep got a hanggun and counted at josh on the head and ccounted to ten.You have to read this book because a great book! T.G age10 Rm.39

11. In Mrs.Castaneda’s class, we read a book called The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret. Chapter 17 was exciting and got me biting my nails. When Mr.Turlep had a mask and a gun pointed at Josh at his head,I felt scared. I imagine if I were there,it would be scary. Irecommend you check-out this book. It is a great book
    N.DELAROSA.,age 11,Room 42

12. The book Ghost Grave was a good story because it tells you interesting things.It is emotional at the end of the book because Mr.Turlep got a hanggun and pointed at Josh at his head and counted to ten. You have to read this book because it is a great book!
    T.G., age10, Rm.39

13. In my Reading class,I read The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret. I have read so many books in my life, but this one is in my top ten. I really hope that Peg Kehret made a second book of The Ghost’s Grave. I give this book 5 stars!

B.L., age 11, Rm 40

14. In my Reading class we finished a book called The Ghost’s Grave. It was an amazing book, with action, suspense and mystery. I couldn’t keep my hands off of it. I wish I could read more of Peg Kehret’s books. My favorite part was when Josh met Willie in the tree house. If I could read this book again I would and I think you should too.

A.N, age 10, Rm 38

15. In Mrs. Gutierrez’s Reading class, my classmates and I just finshed reading the book The Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret. It has a lot of mystery also, I couldn’t stop reading it. J.C., Age 12, Rm 40

16. In my Reading class,we just finished reading The Ghost Grave by Peg Kehret.I was so interested in the book that I couldn’t stop reading it!If you want to read an interesting,funny,adventourous,and awesome novel,I recommend that you read The Ghost Grave , I want to read more awesome books by Peg Keheret

ailish villegas age 11 rm 40

17. Today,I read the Ghost’s Grave by Peg Kehret.I though it was heartpounding because we didn’t know if Mr.Turlep was going to shoot Josh.I would recommend it to Obama and you too.
    M.G, age 11, room 39