La Lucha Libro Library

A blog for students who love to read

GHOST FEVER by JOE HAYES

December5

ghost fever

51 Comments to

“GHOST FEVER by JOE HAYES”

1. January 24th, 2014 at 6:09 pm       Joe Hayes Says:

Dear Centeno Elementary friends,

Thank you for all your well-written reviews of Ghost Fever. Your comments will help me a lot when I start to write another book.
    I feel honored that so many of you read Ghost Fever.
    I hope I’ll get to visit you school again soon.

A lot of you wondered whether the baby ever got her quinceranera dress. I don’t know. But I do know that when a story leaves a question in your mind, it can get you started using your own imagination and making up a new story. Maybe one week before the baby turned 15 the bank was robbed and the money was taken. But the ghost of Mariana Mendoza haunted the thief day and night until he returned the money–just the day before her birthday!
    Some kids wanted to know more about the girls’ mother. We don’t know why she left, do we? And we don’t know if the girls ever got to see her again. What do you think? Maybe you can make up that part of the story too.
    I really enjoyed reading your posts. Keep reading and doing such good writing.

Your friend,
    Joe Hayes

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

my-picture-by-callan.JPG

This is a picture of me my first year in the library, which was (06-07). My daughter drew it so if you look closely there are a couple of signs that say “MOM”, and if you look real close I’m wearing a badge that says Centeno Librarian. The question marks in the background and the expression on my face allude to a sense of confusion, aptly so, it was my first year and it was a little overwhelming. Now it’s my fifth year and I’ve decided to keep this anime likeness because one; I’ve grown so found of it, two, the job is still overwhelming, and three, now that I’m in the “Lucha Libro”, like El Santo, I have to conceal my true identity.

This will be my 11th year in education. I spent my first year teaching 5th grade reading then made the move to a self-contained 3rd grade taksroom, I mean classroom. Now that I’m in the library I think I have found my calling. I think I was meant to be “La Bibliotecaria”. I’ve always loved reading children’s books and YA literature and I was one of those kids who always raised their hand to read aloud in class. Now I get to do it for a living and in front of a captive audience! Plus, I actually get to work with people I like – kids.

Interests: books, cats, fashion, exercise

La Bibliotecaria Johnson

Yahoo! Avatars

Calendar

December 2013
M T W T F S S
« Oct   Feb »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

Search the Archives

To Blog or not to Blog?

My blog is written for you - the student who loves to read, is in search of a new book or just loves to see the words of their own voice. You can comment on the "must reads" or just lurk and read what your friends, other students and even authors have to say, but most of all enjoy!

Where did you come from?