La Lucha Libro Library

A blog for students who love to read

BUILD-A-POTATO 2013

October13

Carmen Escamilla

Every year the Build-a-Potato contest, held during our Library Kick-off week, gets bigger and better. This year we had over 200 submissions with 111 entries making it to the finals. I’m so glad I don’t have the task of judging all the wonderfully creative entries, I left that up to the judges.

Chime in and tell us which one is your favorite!

2 Comments to

“BUILD-A-POTATO 2013”

1. October 16th, 2013 at 6:02 am       Pat Miller Says:

What a great contest–crazy creative! Being a judge must have been tough. We did something similar at Mardi Gras by making shoe box book floats.. Congratulations to your students for some Stupendous Spuds!

2. October 17th, 2013 at 5:22 am       Robin Says:

Would you happen to have rubrics on this project for the students as well as the judges?

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

my-picture-by-callan.JPG

This is a picture of me my first year in the library, which was (06-07). My daughter drew it so if you look closely there are a couple of signs that say “MOM”, and if you look real close I’m wearing a badge that says Centeno Librarian. The question marks in the background and the expression on my face allude to a sense of confusion, aptly so, it was my first year and it was a little overwhelming. Now it’s my fifth year and I’ve decided to keep this anime likeness because one; I’ve grown so found of it, two, the job is still overwhelming, and three, now that I’m in the “Lucha Libro”, like El Santo, I have to conceal my true identity.

This will be my 11th year in education. I spent my first year teaching 5th grade reading then made the move to a self-contained 3rd grade taksroom, I mean classroom. Now that I’m in the library I think I have found my calling. I think I was meant to be “La Bibliotecaria”. I’ve always loved reading children’s books and YA literature and I was one of those kids who always raised their hand to read aloud in class. Now I get to do it for a living and in front of a captive audience! Plus, I actually get to work with people I like – kids.

Interests: books, cats, fashion, exercise

La Bibliotecaria Johnson

Yahoo! Avatars

Calendar

October 2013
M T W T F S S
« Sep   Dec »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

Search the Archives

To Blog or not to Blog?

My blog is written for you - the student who loves to read, is in search of a new book or just loves to see the words of their own voice. You can comment on the "must reads" or just lurk and read what your friends, other students and even authors have to say, but most of all enjoy!

Where did you come from?