La Lucha Libro Library

A blog for students who love to read

CLASS OF 2013 LIBRARY YEARBOOK

June5

One Comment to

“CLASS OF 2013 LIBRARY YEARBOOK”

1. August 22nd, 2013 at 7:49 am       Ms. Yancy Says:

Great memories…Go Bucks!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

my-picture-by-callan.JPG

This is a picture of me my first year in the library, which was (06-07). My daughter drew it so if you look closely there are a couple of signs that say “MOM”, and if you look real close I’m wearing a badge that says Centeno Librarian. The question marks in the background and the expression on my face allude to a sense of confusion, aptly so, it was my first year and it was a little overwhelming. Now it’s my fifth year and I’ve decided to keep this anime likeness because one; I’ve grown so found of it, two, the job is still overwhelming, and three, now that I’m in the “Lucha Libro”, like El Santo, I have to conceal my true identity.

This will be my 11th year in education. I spent my first year teaching 5th grade reading then made the move to a self-contained 3rd grade taksroom, I mean classroom. Now that I’m in the library I think I have found my calling. I think I was meant to be “La Bibliotecaria”. I’ve always loved reading children’s books and YA literature and I was one of those kids who always raised their hand to read aloud in class. Now I get to do it for a living and in front of a captive audience! Plus, I actually get to work with people I like – kids.

Interests: books, cats, fashion, exercise

La Bibliotecaria Johnson

Yahoo! Avatars

Calendar

June 2013
M T W T F S S
« May   Sep »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Search the Archives

To Blog or not to Blog?

My blog is written for you - the student who loves to read, is in search of a new book or just loves to see the words of their own voice. You can comment on the "must reads" or just lurk and read what your friends, other students and even authors have to say, but most of all enjoy!

Where did you come from?